From Chapter 3 of CBSE Class 7 Civics, students get to examine the work of the government at the state level. How does this take place in a democracy? What is the role of a Member of the Legislative Assembly (MLA) and Ministers? How do people express their views or demand action from the government? Students can explore these questions through the example of health. CBSE Class 7 Civics Chapter 3 How The State Government Works Important Questions are also compiled here for the students to prepare for the exam.
PDF link to download these CBSE Important Questions of Class 7 Civics Chapter 3 is also given in the article below. Students can just access these questions from the link and start preparing for the exam.
How The State Government Works
1. Who is an MLA? Use the terms ‘constituency’ and ‘represent’ to explain who an MLA is and how is the person elected?
2. How do people who are MLAs become ministers or chief minister? Explain.
3. The Head of the State is the__________. He or She is appointed by the ________.
4. What is a Coalition?
5. Write two measures that the government undertook for controlling diarrhoea?
6. What is the purpose of a press conference? How does the press conference help you get information on what the government is doing?
7. Why should decisions taken by the Chief Minister and other ministers be debated in the Legislative Assembly?
8. What is the difference between the work that MLAs do in the Assembly and the work done by government departments?
9. Explain the terms, majority and opposition.
10. What is a press conference? What is the significance?
11. What is the responsibility of the Chief Minister after the election of MLA’s?
12. Every state in India has ___________ assembly.
13. What is the role of a Governor of the State?
14. The chief ministers and other ministers have the same office.True/false?
15. In a democracy, people organise get together to voice their opinions and _________________ against the government.
16. Point out who is associated with making laws on certain issues in a state and the country.
17. Describe how the state government works.
18. Decisions taken by the Chief Minister and other ministers should be debated in the Legislative Assembly. Why?
19. Laws for the entire country are made in the ______________.
20. Which is the place where all the MLAs, whether from the ruling party or from the opposition meet to discuss various things?
21. How are the MLAs elected?
(a) By the people
(b) By Members of Parliament
(c) By selected representatives
(d) All the above
22. The head of a Legislative Assembly is ____
(c) Chief Minister
(d) All the above