Animal kingdom is one of the kingdoms among five kingdom scheme of classification by Whittaker and comprises of multicellular eukaryotic animals.
Basis of classification
The classification of animal kingdom is based on the different important characteristics such as level of organization, habitat, symmetry, etc.
Levels of Organization
- Cellular Level of Organization
- Tissue Level of Organization
- Organ Level of Organization
- Organ system Level of Organization
Patterns of organ systems
- Digestive System (Incomplete Digestive System and Complete Digestive System)
- Circulatory System
- Open Type
- Closed Type
- Bilateral Symmetry
- Radial Symmetry
Animal kingdom is a very important chapter in CBSE class 11. Students must prepare this chapter well to score well in the CBSE board examination. The Animal Kingdom Class 11 Notes is given here. Students can visit the links mentioned below to know more about this chapter.
- Animal Kingdom
- Classification of Animal Kingdom
- Animal Kingdom: Basis of Classification
- Five Kingdom Classification System
These Animal Kingdom Class 11 Notes are very useful for students preparing for their board examination. They can check these links to learn about Animal Kingdom and related topics to prepare better for their examination.
Important Questions From Animal Kingdom Class 11 Notes
- List out various factors or basis on which animals are classified.
- Explain how intracellular digestion differs from extracellular digestion
- What is radial symmetry? Give examples of organisms that exhibit this character.
- What are coelomates? Provide examples.
- What is meant by metamerism?
- List out the characteristic features of Phylum Annelida.
- List 5 organisms that belong to the phylum Arthropoda.
- What is the radula? Explain its function.
- What are Homoiothermous animals? Give 2 examples.
- What are oviparous animals? How are they different from viviparous animals.
Explore more important questions and concepts from Animal Kingdom Class 11 Notes by registering at BYJU’S.