Students should revise the chapters before the exam as it makes them more confident about the topics and subject. BYJU’S is providing an excellent chemistry revision material for the class 12 students. Some of the main biomolecules are carbohydrates, lipids, ATP molecules, proteins, and nucleic acids. Based on the behavior of hydrolysis carbohydrates are classified into
- Monosaccharides – Some examples are ribose, glucose
- Oligosaccharides – Some examples are sucrose, maltose
- Polysaccharides – Some examples are glycogen, starch
Based on the presence of functional group and the number of carbon atoms, monosaccharides can be classified:
- Aldose – When a monosaccharide contains an aldehyde group
- Ketose – When a monosaccharide contains keto group
To revise various other topics of biomolecules such as the characteristics of biomolecules (carbohydrates, proteins, nucleic acids, and hormones), classification based on their structure, differences between RNA and DNA, etc. refer the notes given.