CBSE Class 10 Maths Lab Manual is an innovative step taken by the Board to help students understand the application of the Maths subject. With the introduction of the CBSE Class 10 Maths Lab Manual Activities PDF in the Class 10 Syllabus, learning has become interesting and enjoyable to students. They can now understand the application of mathematical concepts in real life by performing CBSE Class 10 Maths Lab Manual Activities Solutions. Students can access all the details related to Maths Lab Manual by accessing the links below:
- CBSE Class 10 Maths Lab Manual Activities
- CBSE Class 10 Maths Project
- CBSE Class 10 Maths Internal Assessment Evaluation Scheme
Mathematics is a subject that plays a dominant role in a student’s life. No one can escape from it. It is compulsory for every student to study Maths till Class 10. So, instead of mugging up the formulas and solutions of Maths, students should understand the basic concepts. It will help them in their career as well as in real-life situations. Moreover, their mathematical aptitude skills will get better.
CBSE Class 10 Maths Lab Manual Activities Solutions
The CBSE Class 10 Maths lab activities carry 12 marks. Students have to perform the lab activities during the internal assessment, as mentioned in the Lab Manual, to gain marks. To help them, we have provided the CBSE Class 10 Maths Manual Activities PDF for free downloading. These Laboratory Mathematics Manuals are available in the Hindi language as well. There are a total of 32 Maths activities, and they are divided into three parts.
Salient Feature of CBSE Class 10 Maths Laboratory Manual
Students can find the following information in the CBSE Class 10 Maths Lab Manual Activities Solutions PDF. Each activity will have the following details:
- Material required
- Method of construction
- Graphs/diagrams, if necessary
CBSE Class 10 Maths Project
Creating the Maths project is also a part of the internal assessment. So, students must know the topics on which they can do their Maths project. Below, we have provided the list of Maths projects of CBSE practicals to help them in scoring more marks in the internal assessment. Students can also download the CBSE Maths Class 10 Project PDF in Hindi and English from the link below.
|Download CBSE Class 10 Maths Project PDF in English
|Download CBSE Class 10 Maths Project PDF in Hindi
List of CBSE Class 10 Maths Projects
- To develop Heron’s formula for the area of a triangle.
- Story of π.
- Development of Number Systems with their needs.
- Chronology of Indian mathematicians with their contributions.
- Chronological development of solutions of quadratic equations.
- Development of a formula for the area of a cyclic quadrilateral.
- Pythagoras theorem – Proofs other than those given in the present textbook.
- Extensions of Pythagoras theorem.
- With a rectangle of a given perimeter, find the one with a maximum area, and with the rectangle of the given area, find the one with the least perimeter.
- Knowledge and classification of solid figures with respect to surface areas and volumes.
- Sum of the exterior angles of a polygon taken in order.
- Generation of Pythagorean triples
- Magic squares.
- With cuboids of a given surface area, find the one with maximum volume, and with cuboids of given volumes, find one with the least surface area.
- Mathematical designs and patterns.
- Indian mathematicians and their contributions.
- To prepare a list of quotations on Mathematics.
- Ramanujan number (1729).
- Mathematical crosswords.
- Application of geometry in day-to-day life.
- Application of algebra in day-to-day life.
- Application of mensuration in day-to-day life.
CBSE Class 10 Maths Internal Assessment – Scheme of Evaluation
For Class 10, the Maths theory exam is of 80 marks, and the internal assessment is of 20 marks. The breakup of the internal assessment for schools affiliated with CBSE is as follows:
- Year-end assessment of activities: 12 marks
- Assessment of project work: 5 marks
- Viva-voce: 3 marks
Assessment of CBSE Class 10 Maths Activity Work
The Maths activity assessment takes place in the following ways:
(a) Every student will be asked to perform two given activities during the allotted time.
(b) The assessment may be carried out by a team of two Mathematics teachers, including the teacher who is taking practical classes.
(c) The break-up of 12 marks for assessment for a single activity will be as under:
- Statement of the objective of the activity: 1 mark
- Material required: 1 mark
- Preparation for the activity : 3 marks
- Conduct of the activity : 3 marks
- Observation and analysis : 3 marks
- Results and conclusion: 1 mark
- Total: 12 marks
(d) The marks for two activities will be added first, and then marks will be calculated out of 12.
(e) Full records of activities should be kept by each student.
Evaluation of CBSE Class 10 Maths Project Work
Students can have a look at the Maths project work evaluation process below:
(a) Every student will be asked to do at least one project based on the concepts learnt in the classroom.
(b) The project may be carried out individually (or in a group of two or three students).
(c) The weightage of 5 marks for the project will be as under:
- Identification and statement of the project: 1 mark
- Planning the project: 1 mark
- The procedure adopted: 1 mark
- Observations from data collected: 1 mark
- Interpretation and application of result: 1 mark
The marks obtained in the year-end assessment of activities and project work are added to the marks in viva-voce to get a total score out of 20.
We hope this article on CBSE Class 10 Maths Lab Manual Activities and Projects must have helped students in their exam preparation. For more study materials and the latest updates on CBSE/ICSE/State Board/Competitive exams, keep visiting BYJU’S. Also, download the BYJU’S – The Learning App for interactive study videos.