Morphology is the branch of biology which deals with the study of structure and form. It is basically about the study of forms, external features and relative positions of different organs on plants. Flowering plants show a great variety of form, shape and size. The size ranges from the Lemna and minute Wolffia (0.1cm) to the large sized Banyan and tall Eucalyptus (up to 100 metre).
In this chapter the following topics are covered:
- The root, the stem
- The Leaf
- The inflorescence and the flower
- The fruit
- The Seed
- Description of some important families: Fabaceae, Solanaceae, Liliaceae
Biology is an easy subject but in the higher classes it gets difficult because of the complicated diagrams and topics. In spite of all these, students can score really good marks in the CBSE class 12 biology examination with the help of these notes. The complete biology syllabus has been given in a systematic and well structured way to help students cover the chapters in an easy and efficient way. We at Byju’s are providing the morphology of flowering plants class 11 notes and the complete class 11 biology syllabus.
Below given are the links for the must have study materials for the preparation of biology class 11 examination:
|CBSE Sample Paper for Class 11 Biology|
|Important Question for Class 11 Biology|
|Biology class 11 previous year question paper|
Stay tuned with BYJU’S to get biology notes for class 11 as well as notes of other subjects for class 11.Learn difficult subjects like maths, physics and chemistry with engaging video lectures.
Morphology of Flowering Plants Class 11 Notes – Questions
- What is a fibrous root system? Explain
- How is a tap root system different from a primary root system?
- What are adventitious roots? Give examples.
- Explain the regions of the root.
- What are pneumatophores? State their function.
- What is venation?
- What is phyllotaxy? State the types.
- Define inflorescence.
- Briefly explain the parts of a flower.
- Differentiate between Androecium and Gynoecium.
- What is meant by placentation?
- What is aestivation?
- Describe the structure of a flower in brief.
- Explain how modifications of the leaf help the plants to adapt.
- What is a perigynous flower?
To learn more concepts or explore important questions from Morphology of Flowering Plants Class 11 Notes, register at BYJU’S.