Sports GK Questions can induce curiosity in Class 5 students about the variety of sports that exists and help them learn about people who have achieved success in large sporting events like football, cricket, chess and various other Olympic events. Sports will play a very crucial role in the holistic development of children and ultimately help in contributing very positively to society. Sports have a tremendous influence on the overall development of a child. It will teach children how to face failures in life and how to handle success. Sports will help a child in reducing physical and mental stress and reduce negative emotions like fear, anger etc. Sports GK Questions for Class 5 students will bring excitement and zeal to learn about the variety of sports and maybe even induce them to pursue those sports and improve their psychological well-being.
Developing the hobby of solving Sports GK questions will not only help children perform better in academic life but also help them in leading a prosperous and successful professional and personal life. General Knowledge Questions for Class 5 will help children in building self-confidence and developing important skill sets that will help them in dealing with obstacles that they may come across in their life ahead. General knowledge questions will help a student develop higher thinking ability and become more creative, thereby giving a tremendous boost to their self-esteem.
Here is a list of Sports GK questions in English for Class 5.
1) First Asian Games was held in _________.
d) New Delhi
2) 2010 Commonwealth Games was held in ________.
a) New Delhi
3) ________ is the winner of the US Open 2020.
a) Dominic Thiem
b) Alexander Zverev
c) Rafael Nadal
d) Novak Djokovic
4) _________ is the only Indian to have won 2 individual medals at the Olympics.
a) Sushil Kumar
b) Vijender Singh
c) Abhinav Bindra
d) None of the above
5) Pullela Gopichand won the prestigious All England Badminton Championship in ______.
6) Who among the following did not win Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award in 2020?
a) Rohit Sharma
b) Virat Kohli
c) Vinesh Phogat
d) Manika Batra
7) _________ won the UEFA Champions League 2018-19.
a) Real Madrid
c) Paris St Germain
8) _______ won the 2020 World Formula One Championship.
a) Lewis Hamilton
b) Max Verstappen
c) Valtteri Bottas
d) Lando Norris
9) Neeraj Chopra from India won the gold medal in the 2016 IAAF World U-20 championship and set the World Junior record in _________ event.
a) Hammer throw
b) Shot Put
c) 400-metre running race
d) Javelin Throw
10) _________ won India’s first Olympic Bronze medal in Badminton.
a) PV Sindhu
b) Aparna Popat
c) Saina Nehwal
d) None of the above
11) _________ is the current World Chess Champion.
a) Vishwanathan Anand
b) Vladimir Kramnik
c) Veselin Topalov
d) Magnus Carlsen
12) India won the 1st Cricket World Cup in the year
13) The 1st Cricket World Cup in India was held in the year ______
14) Edson Arantes do Nascimento is the name of a very famous Football player. He is known across the world by the name _________.
a) Diego Maradona
c) Lionel Messi
15) _______ won the 1st IPL season in 2008.
a) Rajasthan Royals
b) Deccan Chargers
c) Chennai Super Kings
d) Mumbai Indians
The above questions are some of the most important general knowledge questions on Sports for Class 5. The answers to them are provided below in the box. For more of such exciting questions on GK on other topics, download our learning app.
BYJU’S also provides CBSE Sample Papers for Class 5, CBSE Sample Papers, NCERT Solutions for Class 5, ICSE Sample Papers & much more to help students prepare well for the exams. Keep learning and stay tuned for further updates on CBSE and other competitive exams.
Here are the Answers to Sports GK Questions for Class 5
|1. d)||2. a)||3. a)||4. a)||5. d)|
|6. b)||7. d)||8. a)||9. d)||10. c)|
|11. d)||12. b)||13. c)||14. d)||15. a)|