Improvement in food resources class 9 explains how the technology and practices for growing food have changed over the ages – from primitive tools to state of the art farming equipment and practices which increases yield and quality.
Plants are living beings and they need nutrients to sustain and grow. Consequently, deficiency in any of the nutrients will result in increased risk towards diseases and disorders, stunted growth, infertility and a host of other detrimental effects for the plants.
Water is an essential component for the growth of plants. Most agricultural crops require periodic rainfall during certain stages of their lifecycle for optimal yield. India has a diverse country with climates that vary dramatically. As a result, a number of systems have been implemented to irrigate crops such as wells, tanks, canals and river lift systems.
Improvement In Food Resources Notes – Questions
- What are the abiotic factors that influence crop production?
- Name the biotic factors that affect crop production.
- What are macronutrients and micronutrients?
- What is irrigation? List a few methods of irrigation.
- How is the quality of cattle breeds improved?
To discover more important questions on Improvement In Food Resources Class 9 Notes, register at BYJU’S.