Limit of a function is related to the idea of nearness or closeness of the function to a particular value.
Properties of limits
- lim [fx + gx] = lim fx + lim gx: This rule says that limit of the sum of two functions is equal to the sum of their limits.
- lim [fx – gx] = lim fx – lim gx: The limit of the difference of two functions is the difference of their limits.
- lim [fx * gx] = lim fx * lim gx : This rule states that the limit of the product of two functions is the product of their limits (if they exist).
- lim [ fx/ gx ] = lim fx / lim gx: This rule states that the limit of quotient of two functions is the quotient of their limits, provided that the limit in the denominator function is not zero.
- lim nth root [ fx ] = nth root [ lim fx ]. If n is even, lim f(x) has to be positive. The limit of the nth root of a function is the nth root of the limit of the function, if the nth root of the limit is a real number.
R D Sharma solutions for class 11 is designed according to the syllabus prescribed by Central Board of Secondary Education in accordance with CCE guidelines.
Chapter 29 Limits
|Limits Exercise 29.2|