In a pictograph, the symbols and pictures represent the collected data. Therefore, It can be said that a pictograph represents a large number of data in a very simplified form and gives all the information clearly and quickly.
Representing any numerical data through graphs or pictures is known as the pictorial representation of data. Such type of representation is very useful in the quick and clear understanding of a large number of data and also in making correct comparisons.
- For representing the number of objects, same types of symbols or pictures must be used.
- The symbols used must be clear and self-explanatory. The total quantity that each symbol represents must be clearly indicated in the representation.
- For presenting a large number of data, it’s helpful to represent a picture stand for 1 or more than 1 items.
- There should be a proper title along with its label. A key is very important for understanding the information provided.
- It helps us in a quick comparison of data, like the category that is more popular or least popular, the maximum number of time any task performed, etc.
RD Sharma Solutions for Class 6 Data Handling with Pictographs will enable you to understand and represent a large number of data through symbols and pictures in a very simplified manner. Understand all the important concepts with complete exercise-wise solved RD Sharma Solutions presented in a very organized way by clicking the links given below: