EVS is a subject that tells you about the environment that you live in. Explore various questions that answer all your doubts regarding the world around you. From simple concepts to concepts that require a little more understanding and explanation, read through our detailed and elaborate solutions for Class 4 CBSE.
Access Ncert Solution For Class 4 EVS Chapter 6
NCERT Textbook Page No. – 49
1. Why was it so crowded at the door of the coach?
People don’t have patience to wait. Few of them were in a hurry to board and other were getting down the train all at once.
2. Have you ever travelled in a train? When?
Yes. I have travelled in a train many times. My grandmother lives in Chennai and we usually go to visit her.
3. What food would you like to take with you when you travel? Why?
I would like to take fruits, vegetables, chocolates and biscuits when I travel. Heavy and oily foods may be difficult to digest while travelling.
4. What does the ticket-checker do?
The ticket-checker checks the tickets to see that all passengers have their tickets and are sitting in the correct seats.
5. How will you recognise the ticket-checker?
Ticket-checker wears a black coat with a name tag in his chest. A batch will be present on both of his shoulders showing ‘TTE’ which means ‘Travelling Ticket Examiner’.
NCERT Textbook Page No. – 51
1. What did Omana see from the window?
Omana saw small villages, fields etc. which were moving in the opposite direction. She also noticed the beautiful orange sky during sunset.
2. What are some of the things that are sold at Railway stations?
Books, fast foods, toys, cold drink etc. are some of the things sold at the railway station. Omana saw hawkers selling Vatata Vada (snacks), puri-shaak (puri and vegetables), garam chai (hot tea), thandha doodh (cold milk) etc.
NCERT Textbook Page No. – 52
1. Why do you think there was no water in the bathroom of the train? Discuss.
The passengers travelling in train usually waste the water filled or sometimes it is not properly filled.
2. Imagine that you are going on a long train journey. What are the things that you will take with you to help pass the time?
Handy games and story books are some of the things that should be carried to pass the time on a long train journey.
3. Can you recognise who are these people shown in the picture? What work do they do? Discuss.
1. Coolie – A coolie helps passengers to carry their luggage.
2. Guard – A guard is in-charge of train, signals the train to start and watches it.
3. Driver – He controls and runs the train on time.
4. Ticket-Checker – He checks the tickets of passengers and matches them with the seats.
5. Railway Police – Railway police provides security to the railway stations, train and the passengers travelling by train.
6. Safai Karamchari – He cleans the platforms and trains.
7. Ticket-seller – He sells tickets to the passengers.